The Very Group sells over 2,000 famous brands and delivers 49 million products to over 4.5 million customers every year.
““UKG helped us optimise our workforce planning, helping us deliver an excellent service for our customers.” “We’ve had great feedback from our site supervisors for the improvement UKG has made to their day-to-day management.” ”
Operational Services Manager
With more than £2.3bn in annual sales, The Very Group is one of the UK’s largest online retailer. Its operation has a workforce of up to 1,600 employees, in a state‐of‐the‐art fulfilment centre based in Derby. The retailer was heavily reliant on accurate self- recording of worked hours and manual data input to calculate payroll and productivity, which was time consuming, prone to errors and lacked true visibility of actual hours worked.
- A manual process of variance and productivity log sheets to calculate payroll costs was very time-consuming.
- Productivity data was heavily reliant upon accurate self-recording and manual data input were prone to human error.
- Lack of visibility of resource allocation led to bottlenecks and impacted on strict internal service level agreements.
The UKG time and attendance solution was implemented across the entire fulfilment operation at The Very Group to automate, optimise and simplify the management of employees.
The Very Group are now able to:
- Accurately record hours worked
- Automate time and attendance to eliminate payroll errors and reduce time spent on payroll administration
- Improve scheduling of staff based on forecasted throughput, to avoid bottlenecks, meet strict internal SLAs and provide market-leading delivery options to customers
With its UKG time and attendance solution, The Very Group now has visibility of employee resources, enabling closer control of labour costs. By eliminating repetitive manual processes, the administrative burden placed on managers has been reduced.
Analysis of workforce data (combined with warehouse management data) enables better resource planning to address peaks and troughs in throughput, ensuring the workforce isn’t overstretched and orders aren’t delayed. The UKG solution also identifies candidates for The Very Group’s Peak initiatives and helps to maintain an engaged, productive and highly motivated workforce.