Acknowledgements and Bibliography
This game is firmly based on an original idea by Nic
Haynes, of Cakey Pig Productions, without whom it would never have
existed. It was developed into its current form by Mo
Holkar and Emma Stuttard.
The Centre Cannot Hold © 1998, 1999 Cakey Pig Productions and Undying
- Victorian England as seen by Punch F E Huggett
- Mayhew's London Henry Mayhew
This is an excellent source for characters if you want to come from the working classes. Also conveys an excellent sense of London in the mid-Victorian era.
- Victorian Things Asa Briggs
- Victorian People Asa Briggs
Asa Briggs is considered to be a leading authority on Victorian England, so anything by the same author would be useful.
- London 1808-1870: The Infernal Wen Francis Sheppard
- Victoria's Heyday J R Priestley
- The Victorian City, Images and Realities Edited by H J Dyos and M Wolff
- The Writer's Guide to Everyday Life in Regency and Victorian England Kristine Hughes
- Victorian Patchwork Cyril Pearl
Fascinating collection of stories from the period.
To play in The Centre Cannot Hold, just send GBP 15.00 to cover
your setup and first two turns.
Further turns are GBP 6.00 each. Please make cheques payable to Undying
or you can pay by credit card using our secure
You will receive a copy of the rules, map, and start form.
Like all our games, The Centre Cannot Hold can be played by post
or by email, as you find convenient.
Undying King Games, 57 London Road, IPSWICH, IP1 2HF, United Kingdom
Inferno | Ixion's
Wheel | Pieces of Eight! | UNEXPLAINED